The British Parliament once again rejected the Prime Minister’s motion to advance the election. US Treasury Secretary Nouchin said that the Sino-US trade talks have achieved “many progress” and it is expected that Yi Gang will participate in the negotiations to discuss exchange rate manipulation issues. The New York Fed survey showed that inflation expectations in August fell to a multi-year low.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at 26,835.51 points, up 38.05 points or 0.14%. The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index closed at 2,978.43 points, down 0.28 points or 0.01%. The Nasdaq index closed at 8,087.44 points, down 15.64 points or 0.19%.
- US Treasury Secretary Mnuchin said that the Sino-US trade talks have made a lot of progress, and the Chinese officials have release a goodwill signals towards the US in October.
- According to a survey by the New York Federal Reserve, US inflation expectations fell to a multi-year low in August, and the expected inflation rate fell to 2.4% in the coming year, the lowest level within last six years.
- The UK’s FTSE 100 index closed at 7,235.81 points, down 46.53 points or 0.64%. The Frankfurt DAX index closed at 12,226.10 points, up 34.37 points or 0.28%. The French CAC40 index closed at 5,588.95 points, down 15.04 points or 0.27%.
- The British Parliament once again rejected the Prime Minister’s motion to advance the election. Before the vote, Johnson stressed that he would not ask the EU to extend the the Brexit deadline.
- Germany’s trade surplus expanded in July, reached the highest level within last four months. The export of Germany was unexpectedly grew.
- Japan’s Nikkei 225 index closed at 21,318.42 points, up 118.85 points or 0.56%. The yen closed at 106.980 against the US dollar, down 0.009%.
- The Cabinet Office of Japan announced that after seasonal adjustment, Japan’s real GDP growth in the second quarter of this year slowed from 0.5% in the first quarter to 0.3%.
- The Shanghai Composite Index closed at 3,024.74 points, up 25.14 points or 0.84%. The Shanghai and Shenzhen 300 Index closed at 3,972.95 points, up 24.44 points or 0.62%. The RMB closed at 7.126 against 1 US dollar, down 0.195%.
- China will announce August inflation data this morning. Due to the high base in the same period of last year, the CPI increase is expected to slow down from 2.8% in July to 2.7%.
- The Central Reform Commission announced that China must coordinate and promote various reforms and turn institutional advantages into governance effectiveness. It also announced that China will promote the high-quality development of trade, strengthen technological innovation, institutional innovation, and business innovation.