The Fed expects that it will not raise interest rates this year, reduces its economic growth forecast, and plans to end of shrinkage table in September. Trump said it will maintain tariffs on China until China is confirmed to be in compliance with the agreement. British Prime Minister Theresa May seeks to delay the Brexit date until June 30.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at 25,745.67 points, decreased by 141.71 points or 0.55%. The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index closed at 2,824.23 points, decreased by 8.34 points or 0.29%. The Nasdaq index closed at 7,728.97 points, increased by 5.02 points or 0.07%.
- US President Trump said he will maintain tariffs on China until he confirms that China has complied with any agreement between the two countries.
- The Fed decided to keep interest rates unchanged and expected it will not raise interest rates this year, and plans to close the shrinking of its balance sheet in September.
- The UK’s FTSE 100 index closed at 7,291.01 points, decreased by 32.99 points or 0.45%. The Frankfurt DAX index closed at 11,603.89 points, decreased by 184.52 points or 1.57%. The French CAC40 index closed at 5,382.66 points, decreased by 43.24 points or 0.80%.
- British Prime Minister Theresa May said that the EU has been requested to postpone the Brexit date to June 30.
- EU officials said the EU is preparing to complete the EU-China investment agreement by 2020, and the EU hopes to cooperate with China to save the WTO.
- Japan’s Nikkei 225 index closed at 21,608.92 points, increased by 42.07 points or 0.20%. The yen closed at 111.510 against the US dollar, decreased by 0.260%.
- Statistics of Japan Franchises Association (JFA) showed that same-store sales of Japan’s convenience stores rose for four months in February this year, and accelerated to 2% year-on-year (previous value only rose 0.8%), reported 753.35 billion yen .
- The Shanghai Composite Index closed at 3,090.64 points, decreased by 0.34 points or 0.01%. The Shanghai and Shenzhen 300 Index closed at 3,835.44 points, increased by 1.48 points or 0.04%. The RMB closed at 6.695 against 1 US dollar, increased by 0.269%.
- Chinese President Xi Jinping will arrive in Italy on Thursday. Before his trip, he published a signed article in the Italian Evening Post, indicating that China is willing to build a Belt and Road with Italy. Both sides can looking for cooperation potential in areas such as port logistics, energy, and telecommunications.
- The State Council of China has clarified the supporting measures of VAT tax reduction , decided to extend some of the tax incentives that have expired, and granted tax incentives to third-party enterprises, which promote poverty alleviation and pollution prevention.