Trump hinted that he would hold a “signing summit” with Xi Jinping, but he changed his attitude later and said that the agreement may be can’t be reached. It is reported that British Prime Minister Theresa May is considering to postpone the Brexit date and leaders of Labour Party agreed to support the second Brexit referendum.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at 26,091.95 points, increased by 60.14 points or 0.23%. The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index closed at 2,796.11 points, increased by 3.44 points or 0.12%. The Nasdaq index closed at 7,554.46 points, increased by 26.92 points or 0.36%.
- US President Trump hinted that he would hold a “signing summit” with Xi Jinping, but he changed his attitude later and said that the agreement may be can’t be reached. He claimed in his twitter that the Sino-US trade negotiations are in the “late stage.”
- President of Fed of Atlanta, Bostic, expected that it will raise interest rates once this year and raise interest rates again in 2020.
- The UK’s FTSE 100 index closed at 7,183.74 points, increased by 5.14 points or 0.07%. The Frankfurt DAX index closed at 11,505.39 points, increased by 47.69 points or 0.42%. The French CAC40 index closed at 5,231.85 points, increased by 16.00 points or 0.31%.
- According to informed sources, British Prime Minister Theresa May is expected to discuss the postponement of the scheduled Brexit date of March 29 at the Cabinet meeting on Tuesday.
- The European Bureau of Statistics announced that the Eurozone’s consumer price index in January had a 1.4% increase year on year, 0.1% lower than the one recorded in December last year.
- Japan’s Nikkei 225 index closed at 21,528.23 points, increased by 102.72 points or 0.48%. The yen closed at 110.730 against the US dollar, increased by 0.126%.
- According to data from the Cabinet Office of Japan, after seasonal adjustments, the final value of leading index of Japan in December last year was revised down to 97.5 from 97.9, which is far lower than the previous value of 99.1.
- The Shanghai Composite Index closed at 2,961.28 points, increased by 157.06 points or 5.60%. The Shanghai and Shenzhen 300 Index closed at 3,729.48 points, increased by 209.36 points or 5.95%. The RMB closed at 6.685 against 1 US dollar, increased by 0.543%.
- China Banking Regulatory Commission claimed that it takes a long time to prevent and resolve financial risks and public should keep close attention on the real estate financial risks.
- US senators have called the federal government to ban Huawei’s inverters on the grounds of national security threats to major energy infrastructure.