Trump to Pelosi, the leader of the House of Democracy, hinting that he hopes to reach an agreement to end the government’s suspension. Xi Jinping emphasized persistence in self-reliance and said that this year’s tax reduction and fee reduction policy measures should take root in his New Year message. In his New Year speech, Kim Jong-un warned Trump that if the sanctions were not relaxed, he would take action.
- The United States’ market is closed.
- US President Trump invited the parliamentary leaders of the two parties to the White House to attend a briefing on border security on Wednesday and hint to the Democratic leader of the House of Representatives Pelosi, suggesting that he hopes to reach an agreement to end the government’s lockout.
- Trump predicts that a large number of trade agreements will be reached in 2019, and the United States will have enormous wealth.
- The UK’ market is closed.
- UK Finance announced that the UK’s total mortgage lending volume after the seasonal adjustment fell back to 74,900 in November.
- The Russian Federal Security Service said that the agency arrested a US citizen in Moscow on 28 December for alleged espionage.
- The Japan’s market is closed.
- Japan’s Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare announced that the Japan’s job-seeking ratio in November was reversed from a record high after seasonal adjustments, down from 1.62 to 1.63, in line with market expectations.
- The China’s market is closed.
- Chinese President Xi Jinping emphasized that he should persist in self-reliance and said that this year’s tax reduction and fee reduction policy measures should take root in his New Year message.
- China’s manufacturing PMI fell to 49.4 in December, falling below 50 for the first time since 2016, indicating that the economic slowdown continues.