The results of the US mid-term elections will be announced from Tuesday evening local time. Polls show that the Democrats may occupy a majority of the House of Representatives, and the Republican Party will retain a majority in the US Senate. The latest statement from the Brexit Minister sparked the optimism of the Brexit agreement and the pound rose.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at 25,635.01 points, increased by 173.31 points or 0.68%. The S&P 500 Index closed at 2,755.45 points, increased by 17.14 points or 0.63 %. The NASDAQ index closed at 7,375.96 points, increased by 47.11 points or 0.64%.
- The US State Department informed Congress that Russia did not abandon the use of chemical weapons before the deadline. The move means that the United States may impose new sanctions on Russia for chemical attacks.
- The US Energy Information Administration estimates that the average oil production in 2018 will be 10.9 million barrels per day, up from 9.35 million barrels in last year.
- The UK’s FTSE 100 index closed at 7,040.68 points, decreased by 63.16 points or 0.89%. The Frankfurt DAX index closed at 11,484.34 points, decreased by 10.62 points or 0.09%. The French CAC40 index closed at 5,075.19 points, decreased by 26.20 points or 0.51%.
- The possibility of Theresa May, British Prime Minister , will make a Brexit agreement at the special summit in November is low because the cabinet failed to reach an agreement.
- According to data from the Russian Federal Statistical Office, Russia’s consumer price index (CPI) rose to 3.5% in October, driven by rising food prices.
- Japan’s Nikkei 225 index closed at 22,147.75 points, increased by 248.76 points or 1.14%. The Japanese YEN closed at 113.130 against the US dollar, decreased by 0.097%.
- According to data from the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications of Japan, total household expenditures in Japan decreased by 1.6% year-on-year and 4.5% month-on-month.
- The Shanghai Composite Index closed at 2,659.36 points, decreased by 6.07 points or 0.23%. The Shanghai and Shenzhen 300 Index closed at 3,243.15 points, decreased by 19.69 points or 0.60 %. The RMB closed at 6.917 against 1 US dollar, increased by 0.117%.
- The Danish bank economists predict that once the Sino-US negotiation begins, it may not be reached until the second half of next year.
- China will release the data of foreign exchange stocks today. The median forecast of 16 analysts in Bloomberg is 3.059 trillion US dollars, decreased by 30 billion US dollars compared with the previous month.