The Brexit Minister said that it is expected to reach a Brexit agreement before 21st November. The White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow said that the new tariff on China’s export may not be implemented. Trump said that Birthright citizenship on the children of non-US citizens will end in some way. The Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee pointed out that China’s current economic operation is undergoing changes and need to take countermeasures in time.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at 25,115.76 points, increased by 241.12 points or 0.97%. The S&P 500 Index closed at 2,711.74 points, increased by 29.11 points or 1.09 %. The NASDAQ index closed at 7,305.90 points, increased by 144.25 points or 2.01%.
- ADP pointed out that the US company’s new employments in October hit the eight-month new high, which exceeds the expectations. It is suggested that the labor market is still stable.
- Trump said that Birthright citizenship on the children of non-US citizens will end in some way.
- The UK’s FTSE 100 index closed at 7,128.10 points, increased by 92.25 points or 1.31 %. The French CAC40 index closed at 5,093.44 points, increased by 114.91 points or 2.31%. The Frankfurt DAX index closed at 11,447.51 points, increased by 160.12 points or 1.42%.
- Raab, British Brexit Minister, said he expects the Brexit agreement to be finalized by November 21.
- The Italian finance minister said that the Italian government will not leave the EU and the euro zone.
- Japan’s Nikkei 225 index closed at 21,920.46 points, increased by 463.17 points or 2.16%. The Japanese YEN closed at 113.130 against the US dollar, down 0.265%.
- The Minister of Economic Rehabilitation of Japan said that the Trans-Pacific Partnership Comprehensive Progress Agreement (CPTPP) that reached by 11 Pacific countries, will enter into force on December 30.
- The Shanghai Composite Index closed at 2,602.78 points, increased by 34.74 points or 1.35%. The Shanghai and Shenzhen 300 Index closed at 3,153.82 points, increased by 43.56 points or 1.40 %. The RMB closed at 6.973 against 1 US dollar, down 0.135%.
- According to the data compiled by Bloomberg, starting in the second half of 2018, the bonds of China’s private enterprises ushered in the peak of maturity, and the default of private-sector bonds accounted for nearly 90% of the default of about 70 billion yuan in this year.
- CCTV reported that Xi Jinping, Chinese President, said that China should accelerate the development of a new generation of artificial intelligence and ensure key core technologies.